Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waves

I am in one of those seasons of life in which I feel like I am standing on the Texas shoreline watching as very large waves crash over my friends and loved ones. We all have them. In the last 2 weeks one of my best friends died, my brother-in-law died, and suddenly a loved one is declining at a rapid pace due to Alzheimer's.

My friend fought valiantly against cancer for 8 years, my brother-in-law fought bravely for 13 years, and my loved one has been fighting Alzheimer's for 11 years.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to stuff down the fatigue, grief, and sorrow but I know it doesn't work and only festers when you bottle it up inside. The world offers a myriad of things to turn to when a person is emotional; however I am choosing to turn to my Lord and Savior and ask Him to help me in my sorrow.

I encourage anyone in a difficult season to keep your eyes focused on the Lord. Stay in the Word and in prayer. Ask your friends to pray for you.

I part with words of hope:

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.













2 comments:

Karen said...

Absolutely true! It's so easy so get bogged down, distracted or angry that we forget to go to our source of strength and peace. Praying for you and yours this morning...

Angie said...

Love you, Annette!