Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain

Some parts of the country have received too much rain in the last few months, other parts have received little rain for months. Texas is experiencing the worst drought in 75 years. Today it has been raining in my area for several hours. Not hard, but a nice steady rainfall. I hope the cracks in the ground (and my skin) fade or disappear (miracles happen) entirely. Of course, more rain is needed, but today I feel joy in the atmosphere as I am out and about on office errands. People joking about not knowing where their umbrellas are. I am not making this up, the grass is already greener than it was earlier today and growing before my very eyes. I am sure the firefighters battling brush and forest fires around Houston, Huntsville and Madisonville are elated.

I hope you have joy in your life today.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture

3 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I'm so glad it's raining down there. I'm pretty sure we got enough for both of us lately! Hope life is treating you well these days.

xoxo

Cheryl Barker said...

Glad to hear that refreshment has come your way! May God bless with even more.

Fyi, I updated my blogs to visit list and included your link. Blessings to you!

Angela Baylis said...

Will you please email your response to my question? It's not too late! I need to hear your input! Please... and Thanks!