Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas

I love the Christmas season. I remember as a child we decorated the day school was dismissed for the holidays and saved a gift to open on Epiphany to celebrate the wise men arriving in Bethlehem. The decorations came down January 6th.

It's too bad we rush to shop, decorate, celebrate, worship and then so many of us pack Christmas away December 26th. In 2008 I decided to leave the decorations up until Epiphany, I took 1/2 down and planned to finish the rest when I had to rush my father to the ER which began the year from you know where with the 11 1/2 months he was hospitalized. I then thought, this is 2009 - I am leaving the decorations up until Epiphany this year. I then rushed my father to the hospital and he died at the end of the month.

I have not decided if I will leave my decorations up until Epiphany this year; but I will celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas and savor the time we celebrate the birth of Christ the Lord.

Merry Christmas!

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

annette said...

Yes, I agree. Let's celebrate and not rush. Merry, merry Christmas to you! Love, A2