Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sisters in Christ

I so value my sisters in Christ. At one point in my life I either knew my sisters in Christ in person or figuratively as members of the Body of Christ, then a new category was born - my blogging sisters in Christ. I keep up with a few of you on the Net (and I've met 2 of you in person - Annette & Ang) via your blogs. I really appreciate knowing your hearts through your posts.

One sweet sister is Wendy, I've read her posts pouring out her heart concerning her husband and his fight with COPD. David passed away earlier this month.

I ask you to lift Wendy up in prayer as well as her family. So many of you are hurting for 1 reason or another. Know we are here to pray with you and for you. We are to carry one another in prayer just as the friends carried their friend the paralytic to Jesus.

A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

We are to lift each other up, not tear each other down. We are to speak words of love not gossip. We are to love not judge. (Don't confuse judgment with discernment!) We need to listen instead of always speaking.

If you need prayer, please leave a comment. As always - Stay in the Word!

4 comments:

drm7.blogspot.com said...

good word! Will pray for your friend.

Please add Carol to your list

Cheryl Barker said...

Annette, I'd appreciate prayer for my daughter Kelli and new husband Jake as they look for a place to live (today in fact) in the city they'll be moving to for Jake to go to law school.

Also much prayer needed for a job for Kelli in their new city. Jake is not allowed to work the first year of law school so she needs to find a good job asap.

Thanks for the prayers! And blessings and comfort to Wendy and family...

Angela Baylis said...

I'm SO glad I was able to meet you in person. I'd be honored to pray with you!
So much love,
Ang xoxo

Melanie said...

Praying for your friend...

So nice to meet another sister in Christ today :)

in His precious, unfailing love,

Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~