Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beauty all Around Us

I've been outside working in the flower beds this morning. Thinning out summer flowers which are still blooming up a storm to make room for a few fall blooms.

As I took a break, I watched butterflies and then noticed the sun streaming through sap hanging from a tree, the sunbeams shooting out of the sap were golden then turned a deep amber. It blows this finite mind that before the foundation of the world, our Heavenly Father knew I would enjoy the display at the very moment I noticed it.

Take time to notice the beauty our Father has given us and take note the beauty of the following verses from Psalm 27:

3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful, living words Annette.
I think we are enjoying a special "blooming" - a gift from the hand of a loving Father after a terrible summer. I can't get over how lush and full everything is after the rains.
Have a blessed sunday dear one.

luvmy4sons said...

We drove to a hillier region this weekend. The trees were so lovely! Blessings sweet sister. Awesome scripture pick!

Cheryl Barker said...

What a blessed moment you had with our Creator and his creation. He's so good to us!

Wendy said...

Taking time to appreciate the beauty all around us is truly living. I'm glad your garden is giving you so much satisfaction. We're still having cold and rain. Not too many nice fall days, but I can enjoy reading about yours. Thank you!