Sunday, September 13, 2009

Who Do You Say That I Am?

Mark 8:27 Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?" 28They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets." 29"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ.[b]"

I so identify with Peter in many passages in the Bible mainly because of his big mouth. He tended to blurt things out, so do I though not as often as I did when I was younger. This time, Peter got it right, he knew Jesus is the Messiah, the Promised One, the One the Jews had been waiting for for thousands of years. Sadly many of them were looking for an earthly messiah and were not interested in eternal life.

Who is Jesus to you? Is He you Saviour, Redeemer, your Lord, your King? Or is his name the name you utter when angry? It pains me to hear His name used as a curse word in real life as well as in movies.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

He is our everything...is it easy to live out Jesus being our everything? No it is not! Our humanity gets in the way; but as our Saviour - He understands. Let us endeavor to live for Him and to serve Him...He alone is worthy of our praise, our worship, our adoration.

3 comments:

annie's eyes said...

Beautiful new vintage romantic look!

I like Peter's impulsiveness. And I treasure all that Jesus is to us--personally. What a Savior we have been given!

Sweet words to mull over this morning. Love, Annette

Unknown said...

Love your post.

Linda said...

It isn't easy to live out - you're right Annette. But He is so worthy of our complete devotion. You've said it beautifully.
I really like your new look here too!