Friday, May 15, 2009

So Many Verses - Which 1 to Choose

Can you believe it's already Siesta Memory Verse time!!! I cannot believe it myself. The year is speeding right along. Normally this time of year Indianapolis 500 fever has spread through my family. Dad susbscribed to the Indianapolis Star every May. We would pour over statistics, facts about the cars and drivers, etc and talk about all the Indianapolis 500's we attended over the years. Last year, I really hoped to attend in person this year. I will watch it on TV and will not answer the door or the phone during the race.

Imagine if I poured myself into the Word, prayer, and sitting in the Lord's presence like I do the Indy 500. (My aunt is no longer alive, she will not be offended I shortened the name of Indianapolis.)

I feel like I have been a slacker in prayer and Word time lately, but I can tell energy is returning.

It was hard to narrow it down this week, there were several potential verses. I chose this one, Psalm 18:30

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.

Can't wait to see your verses...have a blessed weekend...

Love, Annette

3 comments:

annie's eyes said...

I had that same problem this time. I knew the theme, but there were many that spoke to my heart. Thanks for encouraging me on this journey. Love, Annette G

luvmy4sons said...

As always I love your choice!

Wendy said...

Hi Annette - I couldn't get into your post "emergency prayer request". I'll try later, but in the meantime, I hope things are o.k., but it doesn't sound like it. Will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs