Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Siesta Memory Verse/Slacker

I had narrowed down my 04/15 Siesta Memory Verse to 1 of 3 verses from Psalm 118 on Sunday. Today I chose it around 6am. My friends on Facebook can attest to this fact.

I went to the Lproof.org blog this morning to post my verse and lo and behold before my very shocked face was my verse. Beth Moore had chosen 3 verses from Psalm 118. I think my mouth fell open and my eyes opened very wide. I feel kinda like a slacker but not enough to add 2 more verses because I don't quite have my 04/01 verses down, I know them in so many versions that I have not learned the version I chose this time.

Psalm 118 is so beautiful, I want to share a few verses with you:

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,
and he answered by setting me free. (the verse I chose to memorize.)

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man.

9 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes.

For those of us memorizing Scripture, let's persedangvere...we can do all things through Christ, He gave us a sound mind...let's use them to His glory!

8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I love Psalm 118...it has been one of my favorites for a long time!

Unknown said...

I have not been memorizing verses this year. I need to start. Thanks for being faithful and showing me how.

From my heart,

Sheryl

Angela Baylis said...

How cool is that! There are NO coincidences! I noticed that on the LPM blog! So amazing! He is SO good! This gives me the chills!
Love,
Angie
xoxo

annie's eyes said...

No, you're not a slacker--if you wanted you could add to it next time and really get it down pat. I've been considering starting on a chapter, learning a couple verses each time. The addresses are stumping me. Oh, who am I kidding? It all is a struggle for me. Beautiful verse filled with hope. Love, Annette G

Cheryl Barker said...

Annette, I love your "persedangvere" word :) I'm wondering if that's a common word in TX or if you just made it up. I may have to add that one to my vocabulary! :)

Karen said...

this was one that I considered as well. It was on my list of top 5 but I went with the Isaiah one this time instead. Oh well, there's next month.

Molly said...

I was going to do the whole verse and then it just hit me - where I was in my walk,

5 In my anguish I cried to the LORD,and he answered by setting me free.

Yep - that's it.

I do love the message though:

5-16 Pushed to the wall, I called to God;
from the wide open spaces, he answered.

WIDE OPEN SPACES - Can't get any more free than that.

Wendy said...

Cool! These verses are so true. And make me feel good. Thanks for posting them. And thank you for your kind words on my blog. I did not even think that my delivering that young man a "lecture" was done with love and caring (which of course it was, I just never thought about it).
Hugs