Thursday, April 30, 2009

PC and the Swine Flu

Maybe I have not had enough coffee this morning, but as the Swine Flu story seems to be the lead story on every newscast and in every newspaper I have to laugh at this:

People in the Holy Land find pigs offensive and want the name Swine Flu changed. Does anyone else find that ridiculous? The flu is named Swine Flu because it comes from a pig virus...How has humanity become so sensitive and PC? Should we call each other offensive names? No!!! But to change the name of a virus, give me a break.

My county has at least 30 cases, I suspect schools may close next week. I will shop early in the a.m. when the grocery store is not crowded. I will sanitize my hands when I get into my car. I will wash them when I return home. I will not touch my face. I will sleep, eat well, take my vitamins and minerals, drink plenty of water, and probably not hug and shake hands at church or in public for the next couple of weeks.

But my number 1 strategy is this:

I will plead the Blood of Jesus over myself from the top of my head to the soles of my feet daily. I will trust in the Lord and not be afraid. I will pray protection from sickness and disease over myself and family.

I dwell in the shelter of the Most High, I rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I declare the Lord is my refuge and my fortress. I trust my God.

God will save me from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.

God covers me with His feathers, I will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness is my shield and rampart.

I will not fear the terror of night or the arrows that fly by day.

I will not fear the pestilence that stalks in the darkness or the plague that destroys at midday.

Pray Scriptures over yourself and family...it's a powerful way to pray!

Love, Annette

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! I am SO with you!

annette said...

Yes, a good strategy and a better resting place in the arms of God. Love, A

drm7.blogspot.com said...

Hee hee! you always crack me up! I do like your strategy, though!

Nise' said...

Yes, it is silly and I pray that it stays far away from you. We have had one confirmed case here in my county in MI.