Friday, April 3, 2009

Palm Sunday

Sunday is the day on which most churches with the exception of a few Eastern Orthodox Churches celebrate Palm Sunday.

Many churches have processions with the congregation carrying palm leaves and the much of the music is festive compared to other music played during the Lenten Season. If you grew up in a liturgical background before services were modernized you sung a few dirge like hymns each Sunday. The words always pierced me, the melody usually made me want to yawn. I was too young to understand the purpose behind the dirge like melody.

I urge you to ponder Jesus' entry into Jerusalem, His ultimate betrayal and arrest. The mockery of a trial and His execution this week and then celebrate Easter with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Jesus died for me, He died for you. He died for every person on the planet - past, present and future. He loves you, He loves me...His love is perfect and whole. Please receive His love and receive His promises.

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

What always strikes me each Palm Sunday is how he was so lauded and then five days later...I love Jesus!

Wendy said...

Happy Palm Sunday to you and your loved ones.

Connie Arnold said...

Palm Sunday is a festive day before beginning the walk of sorrow to Good Friday. It's so hard to think about all the cruel suffering Jesus had to bear for us, but Easter is all the more glorious after suffering with Him at the cross!

About Nancy said...

Praise God for what His Son Jesus did for us.

annie's eyes said...

All Glory, Laud and Honor and Hail Thee Festival Day always were so welcome after the dirges of Lent. I love that moment when all say Hosanna, but only minutes later we're asked to say, "Crucify Him!" It's such a full service, the full gambut of emotion, and the Truth of the moment overtakes me. We all did say Crucify Him. . .Blessed week this week. May you know the fullness of each minute. Love you so, Annette G