Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Covenant Girl

On my other blog which details my thoughts and impressions as I read through the Bible chronologically this year, I often state (emphatically) that I am glad I am a New Covenant girl. I stated it frequently through out our readings in Leviticus and probably Numbers as well.

As a result of this statement, my newest Siesta Memory verse is from Luke 22: 19-20, in the New King James Version:

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

I pray as we enter Holy Week on Sunday, we really reflect on the New Covenant and what the Lord did for us. He was humiliated, beaten to a pulp, mocked, scorned, took on every sin that was ever committed and every sin that would be committed as well as every illness and disease that people had suffered and would suffer as He experienced an excruciating execution. He was separated from His Father for the 1st time. That really hits home this year as my own, dear earthly father went home to be with our Abba Father 2 months ago.

Pray as you receive Communion, pray you are transformed, and Comminion is not something you partake of out of tradition. His body was broken, His blood was shed for you and for me...let us always be thankful...

I cannot wait to see all the memory verses roll in this morning...and once again I proclaim, I am glad I am a New Covenant Girl!

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Mmmmmm...good stuff. God gave me five special blog posts for Holy week...I loved writing them...can't wait to see everyone's either! Hey, link your other blog in your post today!

annie's eyes said...

I have been especially mindful of Holy Week coming up, since I didn't do a Lenten discipline so much. I simply can't come to Easter without experiencing it. New covenant, new promise by His Blood, we are freed through Hiw mercy. Special blessings with Him during this holy season. Love you, Annette G

Nise' said...

I grew up in a very "liturgical" denomination and this verse we learned at a very young age. Since coming to know Christ instead of knowing about Him, it has become so precious and I am thankful for that upbringing. Great one for the season.

Karen said...

My heart just sings as I read through the different verses coming through her blog. I love seeing what other sisters have chosen and I confess I love writing down ones that speak to me. I am so grateful to walk this walk with you.

blessed day, girlfriend.

love, karen

Linda said...

Oh dear, the memory verses. I have done so well up until this last one. I completely let it slip by me. Do you think I can make it up this time by doing two?
I always appreciate your thoughts. Great wisdom Annette.

Cheryl Barker said...

What a bittersweet perspective you have this year, Annette, on how Jesus must have felt during the first time He was ever separated from His father. May God continue to comfort you as you miss your father.