Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mike Kidda

Tonight I am going to a surprise party, Mike Kidda turns 87 today. The party is during the weekly small group meeting at their house, so he won't think anything is unusual as people begin to arrive.

Mike and his wife Ann moved to Richmond from Shreveport about 4 1/2 yrs ago and have been a huge blessing to me. Ann is one of my best friends. I wrote about them several months ago when their son died.

Mike is 87 today, still active in prayer ministry, he is an Eucharistic minister (a fancy way of saying he assists with Communion during Sunday services.) He is a lay reader. He mows his lawn with an electric mower just like mine. He jogs 1 mile a day and rides his bike to the grocery store. (I pray for him when I see him riding his bike across FM 762.)

Mike exudes the love of Christ in all that he does. I hope all of you have a Mike and or Ann in your life. And now we count down to their 65th wedding anniversary party in a few weeks. 65 YEARS...I can't imagine!

7 comments:

Linda said...

He sounds like a dear man. Have a wonderful time at his party.
Happy Birthday Mike!

luvmy4sons said...

What an amzing man! You will have to pass on his secret not only to longevity but a healthy longevity at that! I pray he is blessed and you have a great time!

twinkle said...

A beautiful soul...
Happy Birthday, Mike!

Abba's Girl said...

PS - I left off the fact he is very active in prison ministry too!

Annette

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Mike! What a true blue soul.

annie's eyes said...

He is an inspiration. Wished I could run a mile, and I'm almost 40 years younger. Maybe I better get started. Have a great time tonight at his celebration. My aunt and uncle made it to 95, and celebrated their 65th anniversary. Truly, when they died, it was a celebration of a life well lived. So glad you're celebrating now with them. Love to you, Annette G

Cheryl Barker said...

Wow! What a guy -- and what an inspiration!