Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Weather

Funny thing in March, the weather is quite unpredictable. It was 80 yesterday, the high today is 53 with rain and tomorrow it's 49 with rain. We won't have snow like some of you, which is good since the flowers are blooming. I will resume hoping for snow in Nov.

Political views change. Politicians change opinions frequently. Gas prices go up and down. Nothing is constant, life change be like shifting sand on a beach. (Bet Ang wishes she was on one right now!)

Thankfully God never changes, He is constant and true, He is ever faithful, His mercy knows no end, His grace is always sufficient. His Word says:

Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ladies let us live as though our house is built on a firm foundation, as people who receive mercy and have been saved by grace. Through Jesus we are new people, not dead in sin but alive in Jesus. Go out and spread His love today.

And can you believe it is almost time to pick another Siesta Memory Verse!!!

5 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

We're having crazy weather, too. We'll be lucky to hit 40 today. Enjoyed your flower pics. We've had hard freezes (in the low-mid 20s the past couple of nights) so bad news for everything that had bloomed around here...

Unknown said...

Good post!

Sheryl

luvmy4sons said...

You said it sister! AMEN! Yeterday it was 74...today the high is 34! CRAZY! So glad I can depend on God!

Wendy said...

Strange weather, strange times.

Anonymous said...

I think we have more rain coming, but it looks like we have lots of blooms around. My head tells me pollen is high also, so spring has sprung, and Easter nears. A time for everything...Love, Annette