Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rigor Mortis



I think rigor mortis has set in...I did part of the New York City Ballet Workout today, all I can say is ay chihuahua, I need an Alleve...maybe 2 and healing prayer.

It's a shame I have let myself become so unfit, it's also a sin, but I am forgiven and the Lord will help me as I endeavor to become physically fit as well as more spiritually fit. Just as a ballet dancer conditions her body by training in the ballet studio several hours a day 4 to 6 days a week, we must condition ourselves spiritually.

I am so excited women all over the world are learning at least 24 Bible verses this year. I noticed on the Living Proof blog many women are learning 5 to 10 verses this week. I balked when I thought about learning that many verses, then I realized while attending school I learned numerous poems and passages of Shakespeare because I was conditioned to learn. I also had to memorize a Bible verse each week and could learn it at the last second before chapel when we recited the verse.

I think we may surprise ourselves at how much better we become at memorizing Scripture as the year progresses so I will refrain from calling anyone an overachiever, but I will call all of us over comers.

For practice, I am writing my verse again in the New King James Version, Psalm 29:11:

The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.

To my northern sisters, stay warm this weekend. I have to take an Alleve and soak in Epsom salts.

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Rome was not built in a day sweet sister...you did not get in the shape you are in in a day nor will you get back into shape in a day! LOL! Take it easy...AND forgive me for laughing at your pain...but you are so funny. When I am jumping on my mini trampline I will be thinking of you! LOL! Hubby and I are starting together a Bible reading program and having nice discussions as we go along! Maybe we could pick a few to memorize as well...I memorized many many verses way back...and they are still with me, but there are many more I could start in on! Great exhortation!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, though. I'm sorry it's hurting though. I am with you--walking the dogs until they leave, then really hitting it hard. Don't burn out. Run the race to finish. Love you, AnnetteG

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you. My husband is moving our treadmill back into our family room (where I spend a great deal of my time)so we can all walk on it. He's been using it to keep a lot of his tools. So, it wasn't really used in 2008.

I MUST get healthy this year--spiritually and physically.

I think I am going to be sore pretty soon (physically and spiritually).

God calls us to press on.

Karen said...

I am incredibly impressed that you can do even part of a New York Ballet workout. My biggest workout these days seems to consist of "let the dogs out, let the dogs in, let the dogs out, let the dogs in, no, the cat cannot go out, oh look, the dogs want to go out again." :)

Wendy said...

I love your new background. It's really pretty! Never heard of the new york ballet work-out. Will check it out.
I miss my long walks. It's too cold outside for long ones, only short ones and I feel it in my body.
Good luck.

Steph said...

I am very interested in this NYCB workout! Hmmm? I may have to try this for myself.

And you have a lovely new background, yourself! I love that you've become a blogger (and such a talented one, I must say)! It's like we're back at the studio again, except there's less sweat and less spandex! :)

Linda said...

I had to chuckle over this one Annette. I absolutely identify! It is amazing how an hour of working in the garden can leave me "crippled" for days! This growing old is not for the faint of heart.
I wish I could meet you tomorrow. We have to hurry back home after the doctor visit. My brother is arriving from Brooklyn for a very brief (five days) visit. We're all meeting at my Mom and Dad's (he's doing very well - thank you so much for your prayers).
I'm in on the memory verses. I only pray this old brain will be up to the challenge :-)