Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bobbsey Twins

Many times Anna Marie Sheffield and I show up for healing weekends in nearly identical outfits. She called us the Bobbsey Twins, I was thinking more like Dorks for the Lord. Last Sunday our jackets were made of the same fabric but different colours because I changed mine at the last minute. We have been out of town and emerged from our respective hotel rooms and laughed because I have on black pants and a red blouse and so does she. I was asked if we coordinated our outfits and assured the women we did not, we have never shopped for clothes together. Anna Marie and I are such close friends and have the same taste in many areas of our lives especially in the colour and styles of clothes we wear. (Except I hate Birkenstocks (sp?) and she loves them.)

I want to be such good friends with Jesus that I have His taste. I want to love our Heavenly Father as much as He does. I want to love people the way He does, I want to see people the way He does. I want to lose my appetite for things in this world that do not matter.

John 15: 1-8 says:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

This year I want to abide, to remain in Jesus so He will abide and remain in me. I am tired of trying to do it on my own. I want to bear much fruit to my Father's glory.

Have a great day ladies...and enter the book give away by leaving a comment on a recent post....

Love, Annette

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Another great exhortation! If we draw closer and closer to Him we WILL become more and more like Him. That is so key. Effort and determination won't do it, knowing Him more and more will!

Paula V said...

Isn't it amazing still even with same styles/colors that you both choose the similar items on the same days. They is still wild.

Like your green blog layout.

You related this story very well to wanting to mimic the taste of Jesus.
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

what an awesome post!!!

thank you so much for sharing :)
Blessings!

jill

twinkle said...

I love that word you used..."abide." It is a peaceful word, just resting in Jesus.