Thursday, January 8, 2009

Anniversary

1 year ago today I rushed my father to the ER; he was critically ill, though we did not know how ill at the time. He spent 8 months in the hospital because of a serious error a doctor made and admitted it to us. (The hospital should have taken care of the bill, but that is digressing from the story.) This is an anniversary we planned not to celebrate.

Today I rushed my father to the ER at the St. Luke's Hospital in Sugar Land. He's still there, he sent me home to work for a while. I cannot work, I am going back up there at 3:00pm. When a bed becomes available he will be transferred to St. Luke's at the Medical Center in Houston. My father's name is Charles. Prayers are needed and appreciated.

I am going to delay the drawing for the book give away until Monday. I will draw the winner's name and post it then.

I want to say to you, God is ever faithful, He never drops us in the grease. His Word tells us:

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

I read the Beth Moore 5 Statement Pledge of Faith on Ang's blog this morning, I thank the Lord for the timely reminder:

God is Who He says He is
God can do what He says He can do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ
God's Word is alive and active in me.

I know: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows...

9 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

So sorry to hear about your dad.

Jesus please touch her earthly father and bring healing, comfort, peace, and a very real sense of Your presence. Guard him from any further medical errors. May this hopsital stay be short and may he return quickly home. Give my sweet sister strength and wisdom and all that she needs. I know that You can do exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine. I know that You see her and her father and hold them both in Your ever lasting arms. We praise You now for our answered prayers. Amen

Anonymous said...

Praying for you right now.

Cheryl Barker said...

Annette, so sorry to hear about your dad. I am praying for you both right now...

Karen said...

praying for your family this evening. Let us know how things go.

love,
karen

Wendy said...

January seems to be a harsh month, especially for the older folks.
My prayers to your dad at this time. I hope he heals quickly and can come home soon.
Hugs,

Unknown said...

Just want you to know that I'm praying for your father, you, everyone in your family.

God is on His throne,

Sheryl

Angela Baylis said...

I'm praying for your father, Charles and a quick recovery this time! Keep Believing God today! :)
Love,
Angie xoxo

Linda said...

I'll be praying for your Dad and for you as well. Take care Annette.

Steph said...

Hey Mrs. Annette. I'm so glad I checked my reader before I went to have my quiet time. I will be praying for you and your dad.
All my love.
S