Monday, December 1, 2008

ER's and Enduring Love

I took my father to the ER at St. Luke's Sugar Land today. It was our 1st time at this location. (And hopefully the last!) We are so thankful to the Lord we did not have to go to the medical center in Houston. We are so thankful the ER doctor was concerned and listened to my father. This trip was all because of a torn ligament in his shoulder and a torn rotator cuff. He is so much better now. He had not slept since Thursday, as a result mom had not slept, they are both exhausted.

All the way home they were thanking the Lord for everything that worked out today, as in someone saw us getting dad out of my car as they were coming in to work, she ran into the hospital and came out with a wheelchair. The doctor began treating my dad immediately and we were only gone a total of 5 hours. The Lord's timing was everywhere through out the day.

My friend Sandy (who led me to love Red Velvet Cake, OJ's Beauty Lotion, and Pepperoni Pizza in the mid 1960's as well as Go-Go boots and frosted lipstick) reminded me of Psalm 136 today. Here are a few verses, they are so meaningful to me:

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.
2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever.
4 to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.
5 who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.
6 who spread out the earth upon the waters, His love endures forever.
7 who made the great lights—His love endures forever.
8 the sun to govern the day, His love endures forever.
9 the moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever.

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Wow. ER trips are not always so wonderful. I have waited many long hours before. So glad your dad has some relief! That is such a great Psalm. One of my favorites!

Angela Baylis said...

I'm singing the song right now! I'm glad your dad is feeling better! Glad you all saw the positive side through it all!
Have a good day!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is the attitude we must capture in everything. In everything, give thanks. In ER visits and in sunshine...thank you today for the reminder of gratitude and positive attitudes. Love, Annette

Karen said...

praying for your dad today....

love,
karen

Devoted said...

So glad to know your dad is doing better. I'll be siging the song all day. :-D God bless you and your family. ~T

Linda said...

I am thankful, with you, that your Dad is doing better Annette. What peace there is in knowing that nothing escapes the Father's attention - and that His love endures forever. Praying he makes a complete recovery.