Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving for Kip

I have a dear sister in Christ, Ann who I met at church when she and her husband moved to Richmond a few years ago. They live 1/2 way between my house and my parents' house. Ann is 84, her husband is 86, they will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary in 2009.

I invite Ann to every holiday party I throw, she was in the Bible study classes I led at church, and she is the home group which meets at my house on Monday nights. Quite frankly, I can't imagine life without her.

3 weeks ago she was excited because her son Kip (a college professor) wrote a paper on sin which was published. He was invited to a forum in HA to present the paper and his university was going to give him a little money toward expenses and a friend called and said he would like to pay for the airline ticket and hotel. Kip lost his eye sight years ago due to complications from diabetes. Ann was also excited because all of her children, her adopted Viet Namese children and all the grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc would be attending the anniversary party in June 209.

Kip became ill with more complications from diabetes 2 weeks ago and died on Wednesday. I give thanks for his life and his witness towards the faithfulness of the Lord. (A part of me wonders what will happen to his faithful guide dog.) I pray for Ann and Mike, Kip's children, and the rest of the family to receive the comfort only the Lord can give.

We all know life can change in the blink of an eye. Let us be mindful of that and live life with thanksgiving and praise.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying.

Karen said...

Praying for his family and thankful for the blessing that he has been for them.

luvmy4sons said...

This brought true tears to my eyes. Praise God for his wonderful witness...and for the many years of faithful witness in his parent's marriage to. May God comfort all who knew Kip and will miss him. Oh how happy he is in the arms of Jesus. It is good that you are her friend.

Devoted said...

Joining with you, your friends and family in prayer for this family. May our God bless you as we enter this season of thanksgiving. :-D

twinkle said...

Thanks for leaving a comment and joining me in praying for America.
This post touched my heart. It seemed so sad but I am rejoicing that Kip is perfected in Christ for eternity! May his family be comforted by the Holy Spirit.

Anonymous said...

What a tribute to Kip and a thanksgiving for a life. You and your sweet friends are in my prayers.