Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday in the Big City

I took my father to Tourneau in the Galleria today to pick up his watch. I dropped it off in August for repairs. May I just say among friends, I would rather watch a Steven Seagal (sp?) film festival than go to the Galleria on a Saturday. Traffic was awful, but it was nice spending extra time with dad.

After the Galleria, we went to Goode Company Seafood and he ate his favorite Oyter PoBoy. We then swung by the medical center to check the road construction his doctor warned him about via a recorded telephone message. I am taking him Tues. to see a surgeon regarding a torn rotater cuff. He is getting annoyed by the constant paid and I don't blame him. I told him he could be angry but sin not. He laughed.

Tomorrow I hope to play in the yard. I bought: spinach, lettuce, cauliflower (yuck), and broccoli to plant as well as a few pansies, alyssum, and snapdragons. I am planting the veggies in HUGE pots so I can protect them if we have a cold winter. After a hurricane, why not ice too.

I have had a few inquiries about the asparagus fern, I quit trying to kill it in May, it's huge and thriving. Maybe I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it at some point.

Speaking of planting, remember to plant God's Word in your heart. Plant it deep so when the day of trouble comes, it will be in the fiber of your being. The Bible says:

Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.
Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call understanding your kinsman;

4 comments:

Karen said...

I think it's funny that you are planting while my plants are turning brown and icky. We're expecting a hard freeze tonight. (Death to allergens!) Enjoy your Sunday!

love,
karen

luvmy4sons said...

It is nice reading of how you are taking care of your dad. Oh to say that wisdom is my sister! Blessings to you this Sunday.

Linda said...

It sounds like you and your Dad had a lovely day Annette. I know that the time you spend with him is a real joy and blessing to you.
You always write such encouraging, uplifting words.
Have a blessed sunday.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your garden. Smart idea--those pots. My asparagus fern is puny. What's the trick? Did you get that salad at Goode Co. or splurge on a little fried delicacy? How about church? Searching yet? I should have emailed. Sorry. Love you, Annette