Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not Today

Several months ago I posted something regarding a former partner who had owed me quite a bit of money for a couple of years. He was dodging my calls, not answering e-mails, etc. I finally said enough is enough. I wrote a letter telling him I was sorry but I would have to take him to small claims court. My friend Lyn who is an attorney re-wrote the letter (at no charge) and I printed it.

As I was preparing to print the address on the envelope, I heard the still quiet voice of God say, Not today." I sat there a minute and said OK. I prayed about it. (I had been in prayer because as a Christian going to court was the last resort.)

The next morning I checked my business e-mail, he had written late the night before and said he was mailing a check for 700.00 to be deposited upon receipt and another check for more money to be deposited November 5. I was soooo happy I had listened to the Lord.

I think getting over the fear of doing something about the money set into action the Lord working in this area of my life. I was afraid to go through the courts, I am a Christian, he is a Christian, I really didn't want to pursue it in that manner but I wanted the money he owed me.

The Bible says: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Praying, listening, and timing are so important. Keep praying, keep listening, and knock when you hear clearly from the Lord.

8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Amen...those who WAIT on the Lord...not alwys an easy thing to do! Way to go for heeding His voice!

Karen said...

We began reading Acts in our chronological readings today and I was struck by the fact that the apostles prayed and listened to God before choosing the new 12th. And I pondered the fact that I make so many decisions without taking the time to LISTEN for His voice. Good word for today!

love,
karen

Unknown said...

It's so cool how God works things out on our behalf. Praise Him!

Glad you listened to that still small voice from our everworking BIG God.

Anonymous said...

The nudge of God and you were listening. Beautiful story of His attention to the details of our lives. Love, annette

About Nancy said...

I got a hankerin' to visit your blog because your faith always thrills me. I am so glad you listened to God's still small voice and did as He instructed. What a great blessing you didn't have to go to court. Thanks for sharing.

Paula V said...

Great blessings from the Lord for waiting, listening, and obeying.

Angela Baylis said...

I'm so glad you prayed and listened! What a great story! I admire you for your obedience! God is SO good!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Cheryl Barker said...

Isn't God good to give us the direction we need at just the right time? Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Annette.