Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Age Spots & Serums

I read an article in Good Housekeeping about skin care and products which really work. One in particular caught my eye because it was inexpensive and passed their test. Palmer's Age Spot Serum. Drugstore.com carries it for 9.89. I ordered it because I didn't see it at Walgreens. I am putting it on 2 spots on my face and a spot on my hand. In a month I should see fading, if it does not work in 3 months I should discontinue use according to the instructions.

Aren't you glad we don't have to make ourselves spotless and blemish free to approach the Lord! He makes us spotless and blemish free through His shed blood. Colossians 1 tells us:


21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

I Peter 1 says:

18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Thank the Lord today for redeeming us and making us holy in His sight without spot or blemish.

5 comments:

Paula V said...

Let us know if it works. I don't really have age spots YET but am curious if it works.

Love the analogy to no need of being blemish free with the Lord. HE makes us blemish free in God's eyes and will make us blemish free for real in Heaven.

luvmy4sons said...

LOL! I just bought some under eye cream yesterday-the equate brand though...I half thought, why bother? It is all outward appearance and I KNOW I will lose this battle eventually anyway. It is good to focus on our spotlessness in Christ! Keep us posted!

Linda said...

I am definitely looking forward to the day I have a new body. The older I get the more worn out this one is becoming. What a joy to know the day will come when we will have bodies that will never wear out.

Anonymous said...

Well I should be in line for a bottle myself. I have them popping up and am in search of a dermatologist. I have a host of other products I've tried for wrinkles and spots--so let us know and we'll be hoping, hoping you've stumbled on the fountain of youth! Thanks for the reminder that He will present us without spot or blemish on beautiful Day. Love, Annette

Wendy said...

Hope it works! I have so many I don't bother with them.