Saturday, October 18, 2008

La Porte Recap

Last night the meeting was short, most people attending are back at work, but still repairing their homes. Jack preached on God being with us in the storm. Jack then had people pray for one another. (1 couple left, I think it scared them.)

Today Jack and Anna Marie both taught about healing. They were so anointed. God really poured out His message through them.

We broke up into prayer teams at the end of the day and prayed with people. So many were in their late 60's up into their 80's. They had been carrying around deep hurts since they were young. The storm brought emotions up to the surface that needed healing. You can only squash it down so long. Backs were healed. One lady received emotional healing from a trauma she endured as a young lady, she then realized she didn't need her cane or her walker. She let out a shout and ran up and down the center aisle to double check what she felt. No pain. Her legs and back were strong. We asked her if she was going dancing tonight. She said no, for the 1st time in a long time she was going to carry a laundry basket to the washer and do laundry for her family. I tried to give her my address...I have laundry...I would have invited people over to witness it. Just kidding.

God rocked the house. If you need healing in your emotions, spirits, or physical bodies. Seek Him in His Word, get people you trust to pray with you and for you. Keep praying, keep asking, keep seeking.

I am so tired, I am going to bed. I hope this post made sense. I think I will watch an episode of Keeping Up Appearances, the British comedy which aired in the early 1990's and drink a cup of hot chocolate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend you had. Circumstances can bring up so much pain and resurrect old places of sickness in our souls. God showed up in a huge way. I know you were blessed to be a part. Glad you're home. Tuck in and rest. Love, Annette

luvmy4sons said...

Wow! What an experience. Praise God!

Wendy said...

It made perfect sense. I am in awe of those people receiving healing. The power of prayer is great.
Glad you are back home, enjoying a good rest and a cup of chocolate. As a matter of fact, that sounds really good - think I'll go make some for myself!