Monday, September 8, 2008

Patience & Waiting on the Lord

For those of you who read my blog, you know how frequently I blog about waiting on the Lord, prayer, continue to pray without ceasing, pray with faith, and occasionally the P word - Patience. (Patience is not my strong suit, but I am not terribly impatient.)

Saturday night after I blogged about my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, I received a call concerning my god-son's wife whom I will call Liz. She had twins 12/31/07, was treated for post partum depression in late March and then was diagnosed with Personality Disorder which outwardly manifests kind of like bipolar disorder on steroids. We have been praying for Liz big time for some time now but really ramped it up over the last few weeks. Saturday I had prayed for her through out the day as had her mother-in-law. Saturday night as the twins were to be returned to her for a few days, she called my god-son to say she had been drinking, taking sedatives and cutting herself. My god-son who we will call Mike decided he had to violate the custody orders, but didn't really know what to do. He had to file for divorce a few weeks ago so he had rights with the children and could have the court order she was not to be left alone with the twins for the time being. He loves her, but has to look out for the twins at this point. I was so stunned she cut herself in an experiment to see if she could tolerate the pain to cut her wrist. Liz is 24 and a bright girl. She was so full of life just 1 year ago. CPS was called, they said not to return the twins. It's hard to call CPS, Liz is loved by her husband and his family and we all want her healed, mentally - physically - and spiritually whole in Christ Jesus.

My husband called from West Texas after everything had settled down Saturday night and I started crying. I could not believe these words tumbled out of my mouth - the more we pray, the worse she gets. He can't stand for me to cry. He said Mike did what he had to do, you keep praying.

Of course I do not believe she is getting worse because we are praying. I think a break through is around the corner. I checked out the Living Proof blog today, Beth's message was like an arrow fired right at me - and let me tell you, I am 1 big bull's eye. I laughed out loud when I read it and called my friend, she laughed with joy when I read it. Here is Scripture which was in the post:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

So the next time I have the urge to say Hello. God are you listening, I have been praying for Liz for a long time, I have prayed for Mike, I have been praying for the twins, what is the deal!!!! I will remember my previous posts, I will remember Daniel and I will remember the words from Isaiah.

Glory be to the Lord God Who Reigns from heaven, Who never leaves us or forsakes us!

8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I too have felt at times that as I prayed about something it got worse for a time. But often we do get worse in order to get better. God is so full of wisdom that we do not understand.

Jesus, I lift up this precious child of yours and her husband and those babies. Jesus, touch this situation. Your arm is NOT too short to save. Your wisdom is above ours. Give wisdom to guide and direct all those involved with this suffering woman. Aide and help this situation in a miraculous way. We know You are our deliverer. You alone are our strength and our shield. I ask Your touch upon this family. In Your precious name. Amen.

Abba's Girl said...

Sweet Leslie, thank you for the prayer for them. I didn't post their names for obvious reasons.

Love, Annette

Cheryl Barker said...

Annette, what a sad thing to see happening to those you love. So glad God ministered to you today through Beth's message. I saw it, too -- it was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Amen to Leslie's prayer. His word will not return void, and your prayers are incense burning ever before His Throne. I will join you and pray for this family for "Liz" to be healed and the family restored. His thoughts are not our thoughts. I usually say that when I am not terribly happy with Him, but His ways are so much better than our own. It's a good thing I am not in charge. I am praying for your heart to heal too in its hour of pain. Love, Annette

Karen said...

Oh, Annette, I am praying for this family too. With situations like this, I want God to act NOW. But even though I don't know what God's plan or timing is, I know that it is for His Glory.

love,
karen

Angela Baylis said...

I am praying, too! I had to almost gasp when I read this... "I could not believe these words tumbled out of my mouth - the more we pray, the worse she gets." Those same words have run through my mind. I never realized how many times. I just never verbalized them. I will pray for all of you. Thank you for this reminder to have patience in the midst of such difficulty!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Paula V said...

What a sad, sad situation for such a young family.

Your comment about the more we pray the worse it gets. You know, I believe that to be true. Let me explain. It's not because our prayers are not effective but rather because they are effective. The more we pray, the more the enemy has to step up his game. This results in a spiritual battle for the person or situation. So, the more prayers are being sent up for Liz and her family, the more she will feel both them and satan's attacks to keep her down.

I pray the Lord will reveal the medicine Liz needs to control her new diagnosis.

You are so right about being patient and waiting on the Lord. It is so hard but there are so many scriptures that show us the goodness that comes from God by waiting on Him and His timing.

Wendy said...

Well this one hit home with me too. I had been praying for my little granddaughter to get well. She has GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) as well as a motility disorder. It seemed the harder I prayed, the worse she became. Finally I gave up and just sent blessings. I thought that might be a gentler way to help.
I feel very sad for Liz and her family - and for you, having to watch this once happy family fall to pieces before your eyes.
God bless Liz, Mike and the twins and I hope things will get better for everybody soon.