Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Plan

Last night I planned to be out in the yard by 6:30am to work in the yard today. It's 7:25am and I am drinking coffee, have not gotten dressed, and am dreaming of ways to avoid going outside. The heat index is supposed to be 105 or so today and somehow the weatherman with a straight face said humidity would be down and it would be more of a dry heat. I thought, I will show you dry heat.

I read the newspaper online and sent in a couple of coments, one was very nice and one was oh so tacky...I realized then it was time for coffee...and then time to get in the Word and stay there for a while!

My father is home from the hospital. A physical therapist and home health will come by for a few days. He is thrilled to be home. I think my parents will take a nap today and I know I will. I can feel my body relaxing from the "chair" position which is not a yoga term, it's a term which describes the way you feel after sitting in the chair in your loved one's hospital room.

My husband is fishing in a tournament today, I hope he wins. He loves to fish. The last two years, he has mainly fished East Matagorda Bay from a kayak instead of a motorboat. The kayak is so quiet, no noise, no pollution. I am glad they are catching on down here. I asked him for a pink kayak for my birthday, he said they don't come in pink...well they do, I found one in a catalogue.

Have a great weekend, if you are anywhere in Texas, stay indoors, stay hydrated, keep your pets safe and check on elderly family members and neighbors.

I pray this passage from John 3 blesses you:

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

9 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Like the new look. Enjoyed listening to your morning. Have a great weekend.

annette said...

Your blog is looking very spiffy and summery. I am experimenting a bit too, and hope to get a new look soon. I need wide open spaces for verbosity. Hope you get in a good nap today and stay cool. Love, A

Abba's Girl said...

The new summer look for the blog is about as close as I will ever come to a face lift!

Linda said...

First of all I am so thankful your Dad is home. Answered prayer.
I'm with you on the outdoor stuff. My flower garden is an absolute disaster. I walk past it and say, "I have got to get out here and get this mess straightened up." Then I go into the air conditioned house and decide there is no way I'm going out there in this heat!
Have a blessed weekend Annette!

Angela Baylis said...

I love kayaking, too! A pink one? I pray you are having a nice day!
I'm loving this beautiful Summer weather in Michigan! Glad you were able to enjoy the "chair" position. Actually, I think there really is a "pose" with that name. Unfortunately I think you lean against the wall... with NO chair. My legs hurt thinking about it!
Love to you,
Angie xoxo

Karen said...

I am so glad that your dad is coming home. Praise God!

I feel the same way about the heat. Fortunately for me, I got to go and work the Living Proof event rather than do yard work. I'm still tired but in a much better way. (I just love Jesus!)

I'm praying for a relaxing rest of the weekend for you. Enjoy!

karen

Wendy said...

Glad your father is back home and can enjoy his fishing tournament. I do hope you get your pink kayak. Why not?
I will send you some rainy, cool temps. Thought I had sent you some earlier in the week, but I think I sent them to Florida instead of Texas where you are. This time, I'm sure you'll get some. And - you can send us up here in Canada a little bit of sunshine. LOL!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hi Annette, thanks for stopping by today. I enjoyed your comments!

I cannot envy you being in Texas in such heat. I am actually FROM South Texas (Corpus Christi) but live in Georgia now. The summers are MUCH more doable here! :-)

My sister (Abiding Branch) is in Fort Worth and posted a picture of her car thermometer reading 107 at 7:00 pm!!!

MITZI said...

I'm sure you enjoyed your well-deserved rest today, also like your new look. :)