Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oil Change, Inspection Stickers, and a Washing Machine

I took my mother's car to have the oil changed the other day and noticed as I returned her car the inspection sticker was expired. I told her I would take it to be inspected and to drive dad's car. She called me, his inspection sticker was expired too. I took them both yesterday (separately I might add) to be inspected.

This a.m. as I was doing NOGS homework, I realized I needed an oil change, a Holy Spirit oil change. I seem to be very lazy this summer. I asked the Lord if I am tired because I am lazy or am I lazy because I am tired. I am still waiting to hear His answer. Maybe I am experiencing a really hormone depleted day today, but I was more tired than I was last week. I have been eating better, am back on vitamins, but have not exercised yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will get up early and walk.

My husband installed our new washing machine this afternoon. I read the directions and cannot get it to start. I thought I am 47 and should be able to follow directions. I could feel myself about to flip out over this. So instead of flipping out I put on a Selah CD and a WOW CD and decided to blog. (I really want chocolate!) I thought about calling my friend Anna Marie and having her join me in prayer as I laid hands on the washer and then decided she's on vacation and I would not bother her. (Valerie wasn't home, Annette aka A1, you could have been next.)

You are probably wondering if there is a point to this post, I must say not really. I had intended to post on perseverance, I suppose I will save that for another day.

Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

You are so sweet to take care of your parents like that. And I wanted to say you are not alone in feeling lazy...sometimes just doing a thing like you did with your parents car will make me feel unmotivated to do anything else...I have certain things I HAVE to do each day...so many errands with the boys-driving here, driving there...I have appointments and my BASIC house cleaning and meals and dealing with this issue and that issue that I don't seem to have any reserve for doing MORE like cleaning a closet or organizing drawers...I haven't even started lesson plans for school that starts up after Labor Day! Anyway, you aren not alone! Hugs to you!

Karen said...

Girl, I've got a hammer we can use to lay hands on that machine!

I have been more tired this summer than I have been in a long time. I was explaining to someone about the stressors going on right now and realized that I could track my stress all the way back to May. I suspect that might be my problem right there.

I'm praying for a renewal of spirit for you, sister. May your day be blessed.

annie's eyes said...

Growing weary in the day to day is a sporadic theme here too. I wonder if it is a bit seasonal too, with the heat. I wished you had called me. We will talk soon. Meanwhile, I am sending a hug and a prayer for you. Love, Annette

annette said...

The washer works, I pressed the button and didn't press it long enough...then I really felt like an idiot...

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,