Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Friday Eve and Weight Watchers Weigh In Day

It's been a long but pretty good week. Took my dad to the Med Center for a test at St Luke's Tower, of course there was road construction, thankfully he knows all the side streets down there and as navigator helped me avoid most of the construction. We then stopped for lunch at a Houston institution, James Coney Island. I was shocked because he rarely eats that type of food. I can hardly wait to weigh in this morning after a meal at JCI ha ha ha, I have lost 7 lbs about 50 to go. It's a start and I have to remember through Christ Jesus all things are possible.

I am re-reading a book by Anne Graham Lotz, The Vision of His Glory, I read it about 10 years ago and decided to re-read it because I will be leading a study on Revelation early next year. She talks about the omnipresence of Jesus which I find so thrilling and so humbling at the same time. Jesus is the Lord God who is, who was, and who is to come (Rev 1:8b). He has the same personality in heaven as when He walked on earth 2000 years ago, and his personality will be the same when we meet Him in heaven. He never changes, He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Through the Bible his personality is revealed to us.

We have a God who loves us so much, He sacrificed his Son for us, He reveals himself to us in His word, His mercy and grace are never poured out 1/2 measure. If you are feeling a little down today, or a lot down, praise Jesus for who He is.

Stay focused on Him through praise, prayer, and time in the word. He loves you! I am going to get another cup of coffee and get in the word right now. Have a blessd day.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Congratulations on your 7 lbs! You go girl. Weight Watchers is such a great program. It always helps my mom and she is doing right now again in fact!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the best news, that we will see the Jesus the disciples got to hang out with! The Jesus of the Bible the same yesterday, today, for eternity. Seven pounds is a great accomplishment. I did like the old WW a little better, but still think it's the best thing around for true lifestyle changes. You go, girl! Love, Annette

Karen said...

Congrats on the seven pounds! I so need to do something about this baby weight I am carrying around. (before someone thinks I'm having a baby!)

blessings on your day, girl. Enjoy every moment.
karen