Thursday, June 26, 2008

Winners

Had a bit of a medical drama with my father yesterday. He's ok and back at home. My mother called a few minutes before I left for work to tell me she was taking him to the acute care center. I must say the winds were knocked out of my sails, he's been so much better.

I got into the car and How Great is Our God was playing on the radio station (KSBJ) I listen to, then His Love Endures Forever, so I praised the Lord on my very short commute. I did keep 1 hand on the wheel and 1 eye open.

Next we had donuts at work, I don't like them and we rarely have them, but these were chocolate covered cake donuts, I do like cake donuts and I do like chocolate. They were miniature donuts so I ate not 1 but 3. Karen brought me a gift bag of Arbonne skincare products. We took them all out and went through them, I never did get it all packed in the bag again, kinda like folding a road map. At lunch I did very well. After lunch, I returned to the office and Kathy brought home made cake in for my birthday. I ate a piece. (Not on a healthy eating plan.) My husband took me to dinner and I did very well on portion control, ate all the salad, 1/2 the entree and brought the rest home and ate 1 serving of garlic bread. Did not order dessert, thank You Jesus, You gave me the strength to say no.

And the winners are:

Connie - Final Quest
Paula - Beth Moore Devotional
Annette (A1) - Under Healing Wings
Valerie - The Healing Touch
Mitzi - Beauty for Ashes

Stephanie C - Beth Moore Siesta Fiesta wristband. (Can you stay w/ your brother?)

Please e-mail me your home or work address and I will mail the books. This was fun. I think I will have a Christmas book drawing as well.

We are all winners, because receiving Christ as our Savior and declaring Him Lord of our lives makes us winners.

PS 18: 34-36
He trains my hands for battle;my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

Use your armor today and race to victory!

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Glad your father was okay. Funny how in a quick millisecond all changes. I remember feeling that way when I heard the "poof" andsaw my son sitting there with the skin hanging off of his hand after the firework had gone off while he held it! Thank God he is okay now too...but makes you appreciate each and every moment. They are all gifts!

annette said...

Oh what a day you had. I prayed for you as I had a feeling you were struggling. This morning I also add your parents to my prayers. Yay! I won, and I will love that book. I will email you my address/info.
Your words are a gift to me. Praying also for our willpower to eat well this day. Yours was certainly understandable, mine was lack of thought and plan.
Love, olderA

Steph said...

::::GASP::::::::::!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness! I wasn't expecting that! Yea!

I probably can stay in my bro's apt. (he's in Houston working with HPD...just an internship...no plans for the force ;).

Or...Casey may want to go up with me and relax while I'm conferencing. :)

I am just laughing...I can't believe this!

Abba's Girl said...

Steph,

1 of my godsons is on the HPD force now, graduated just over a year ago. His father has been with HPD since 1985 or so. My dad was there forever, your dad has been there a while, why not a brother...

Linda said...

I'm glad to hear you Dad is okay. My Dad is 88 and for the first time in his life having some health problems. I know just what you were feeling this morning.
Have a blessed weekend Annette.

connie said...

Annette,
Thank you so much for the book and all the prayers you say for me... You are in my prayers. My computer bogs down when I try and get email addy's so here is mine, send me a email and then I will send you my address...
c_dunyon6@msn.com

Connie
GBU