Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Loving through an Awful Monday

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I had to laugh at work on Monday; though part of me wanted to cry, of course an attack came after my post on love. 1 coworker is on vacation, another was stuck working out a problem for a client and it took just over 4 hours, the problem was from the pit of Hell, none of us have ever seen anything like it. Since she could not take calls or clients, I took more calls and clients than usual. Some were very nice people and some in the natural were not so loveable. Years ago, I would have “vented” over it, isn’t that a nice way in some cases to describe griping, whining, and complaining.

Since I had meditated on love verses Monday a.m.; I was able to behave in a godly way. I didn’t have nasty thoughts or “vent”. I was able to smile. I will admit to praying no one else would come in after 4:45p because we close at 5:00p. Am I ever glad my commute is less than 10 minutes because I didn’t arrive home until 6:30p. I am tired but still filled with love. 10 years ago, I would have come home, griped to my husband and used it as an excuse to do nothing else for the rest of the evening. It’s nice to have a measuring stick upon occasion to see how I am progressing on my Christian walk. Still a long way to go; but the walk is not as far as it used to be.

Here are two more verses pertaining to love to bless us:

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Lord, I pray we are filled with love and by the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to pour love out, just the way Jesus poured out His precious blood for us. I pray Lord for You to make our love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else. Lord, we want to be blameless and holy before You when Jesus comes. In the Mighty Name of Jesus I pray!

I am off to walk now. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

About Nancy said...

Oh how we all need more of God's love in our hearts. I like how you compare your progress from times past. It's good to see how we've grown and how to continue to progress in our walk with God.

Thanks for your encouraging words,
Nancy

Karen said...

I'm praying that today will be better. It feels good to stick our tongues out at Satan and say, "not today, not with the Word of the LORD in my pocket." And once again, that's a reminder of why it's so important to hide that Word in our hearts.

blessings,
karen