Saturday, June 28, 2008

Books

The books are in large envelopes with bubble wrap all ready to go to the post office. Paula, I need your address.

Prayer points are coming along regarding the drug cartel and the problems they cause.

I saw my woodpecker, he's grown up now still pecking at other birds, still does not want to share the food. Kind of reminds me of when you visit a church and sit in "some one's pew", maybe this is unique to the Episcopal Church. The owner of the pew will stand in the aisle and stare at you until you move over a bit and they can squeeze in or they decide to huff away to another pew. Another thing unique to the Episcopal Church from what I can see when I visit other churches, you must arrive early to an Episcopal Church if you want to sit in the back.

The woodpecker has become territorial, are we like that in ministry at our churches? Do we consider it my ministry? If we do, we are destined to fail. There is no mine about it at church unless you are 2 and in the nursery. The church belongs to Jesus, He is the Bridegroom. It's not about us, it's all about Him. Take a good look at yourself and make sure you are not hanging on to a ministry which the Lord called you to but now wants to give someone else as He moves you to something new in this season of your life, He may think it's time for you to take a sabbath rest from ministry as well.

Eph 1: 22-23
And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Col 1: 17-19

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

Just a couple of verses pointing to the fact the church is Jesus' and not ours. Listen to the Lord as He calls you to ministry and obey Him. He will bless you for your obedience.

4 comments:

annette said...

You speak the truth, Annette. I laugh about the territorial woodpecker and pew bench warmer, and have witnessed, and perhaps, done it myself. I am reminded to answer the call, His call, His Church, and am blessed by these words today. Love, oldA

About Nancy said...

We Baptists suffer from pew possession too. Can't figure out what that's all about. Guess we all instinctively claim squatter's rights. The only problem is this is not our world.

Great post!
Nancy

Abba's Girl said...

I am going to visit a Baptist Church tomorrow morning. I have visited a large Baptist Church in Sugar Land, TX and love it, but I am not sure I can handle such a big church.

Annette

connie said...

Yes I agree with Nancy us Baptist have the problem as well... I'm with you Annette, I can't do the bif church's I perfer a smaller church... This is a great post thank you... YOu are in my prayers...
Connie
GBU