Monday, April 14, 2008

This and That

On the right of this post is a picture of Zoei, click on her face, she will sing the Lord's Prayer. I think it must give God a thrill as she sings with such gusto.

I looked back last week at specific prayers in my life which were answered. One of them was a prayer concerning insurance payments and the local Richmond post office. I mailed several bills for my husband's company and accidentally threw 2 insurance payments in the mailbox. The envelopes weren't sealed, there was no return address, and no stamps because I had intended on delivering the checks to the insurance agent.

About an hour after I made the mistake, it dawned on me what I did (thank You Holy Spirit) and I called the post office. I prayed for a miracle and grace and favor with the post office. I told them what I did and how stupid I felt. They said do you know how much mail is in that box from last night not to mention what was deposited today???? I said I can only imagine, and immediately thought of Mercy Me. The woman put me on hold for a few minutes, she came back to the phone and said if we find it quickly we will put it in your P O Box, if not it goes to the dead letter center in Houston, they will open it and mail your checks back since they have your address. The process will take a month or so. I thought wait a minute, God is way bigger than the U S Postal Service. I prayed again to get the checks back asap.

The post office sealed the envelopes and delivered them to my house within 24 hours. This may seem trivial to some, but it mattered to me. I think the Lord wanted to reaffirm to me He is a big big God because Sunday my father collapsed and could not walk. We called 911 and once again his is in the hospital.

I listened to my father tell Father Frankie, I am not afraid God is in heaven and Jesus is next to Him praying for me and waiting for me. Just typing it brings tears to my eyes.

At nearly 47, I still love being daddy's girl, and I must admit I want to keep the job title for many more years. Of course, I am my Heavenly Father's girl and so are you. It's a great job title too, in fact it's the best.

I am so thankful God is Who He is and can do what He says He can do.

I want to come before the Lord and sing praises with gusto like Zoei....won't you sing praises to Him with gusto too....

Psalm 9:1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders
Psalm 9:2I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psalm 18:46The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
Psalm 18:49Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD; I will sing praises to your name.
Psalm 21:13Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am praying you keep the title of "Daddy's Little Girl" for quite some time. You will always be Daddy's Girl. At the age of 52 I am blessed to be Daddy's Little Girl. Remember last year when I went to Florida for my mother's surgery? The night before she went into the hospital Mom and Dad came into my room, leaned over the bed and looked at me. I know they were praying. Just as they did all those years ago. I pretended to sleep, just as I did all those years ago. Thank you for reminding me of this sweet memory. Thank you for sharing your special family with me. I have been blessed beyond all reason simply by knowing you.

Steph said...

The video is SO cute! Casey and I had to watch it twice. We were all smiles!

Abba's Girl said...

Steph,

I mean it, I am waiting for the video of Braelyn preaching, dancing for the Lord, praising His Holy Name...she is the cutest!

Mr. and Mrs. D said...

God is good, and yes He is bigger than the US Post Office! I needed to be reminded of his BIGness today.

Thanks!
Jen