Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sin or No Sin

I hear people talk about their own truth, their own reality. Many new age leaders and their followers say there is no sin. I don't know how they justify murder, rape, victimizing children, stealing, and the list goes on...People used to hide the fact they played with Ouija Boards or consulted mediums (remember what happened to Saul???) Now Ouija Boards are sold at Toys R Us. Television shows and movies air which make witchcraft and seances casual and fun. If you search the Old Testament and New Testament, you will discover our Lord God Almighty does not take witchcraft lightly.

I was always drawn to vampire shows as a child, I loved the cheesy old soap opera Dark Shadows, I loved books about demons, at 15 I talked me parents into taking me to see The Omen, I wasn't allowed to go because it was R rated. I finally talked them into it, I told them it was not full of sex, it was just violent and satanic. That is about the only thing I talked them into as a child, and they were very sorry. The movie disturbed them, I laughed and said the writers took the Scriptures out of context.

I have friends who justify watching occultic shows because they like the cast. We have all justified sin - eating too much, not exercising, spreading gossip, all kinds of sin, but we must stop doing that. We must call sin SIN, and we must repent. We are not supposed to blend into society, we are to be the light of Christ. I John 1:6-8 tells us:

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Ask the Holy Spirit to convict you of your sin, repent immediately. Really pray about the music you play, the books and magazines you read, the television shows you watch, and the games you play. Be the light of Christ through words spoken in love and truth not judgment, turn off the television set if need be, be a Christlike example in your sphere of influence. Non-believers really watch believers, they wait to see how we handle stress, bad news, etc...

Jesus died for you and for me. Let us serve Him with joy and love!

No comments: