Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Without the Cross

Without the cross, without the new birth, without Christ I am destined to be a failure, unworthy, and every other negative thing the world and hell has to throw at me. But because of the cross, because Jesus is my Lord and Savior, because the Holy Spirit of God lives in me, I am not a failure. God did not create me or you to be a failure. He did not put His Son through the agony of Calvary for us to remain nothings, unworthy or failures. His Son redeemed us from these things.

Romans 8:37 says No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Even a thief on a cross became something, he became a born again, heaven bound believer, an heir of Abraham. If you have not made Jesus the Lord of your life do so now and call someone, tell them. Let them join heaven in celebrating the addition of a new brother or sister in Christ.

Smith Wigglesworth was a powerful man of prayer. Below is one of his prayers I love very much:

In You, O Christ,
I am not a failure.
Your cross won my victory.
Your new birth renewed my personality. Your righteousness purchased my salvation.
Your indwelling made me a new creation.
Through Your capacity I have veracity.
Through Your control I can captain my soul.
In You, O Christ,
I put every evil under my feet,
I conquer every devil I meet;
I master the flesh;
I uncover every sin to confess.
I receive Your healing;
I feel what You are feeling.
In You, O Christ, I am more than a conqueror. Amen.

No comments: