Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Walk part 3

Glory to God, I walked from my car to the Livestock Show yesterday, no rain, no wind, the sun was shining. Saw a blazer I had to have, it's black with few rhinestones around the collar.

I then attended the rodeo with my friend Valerie. We met in 5th grade when my parents enrolled me in St Thomas' Episcopal School. Valerie and I spent a little time out in the hallway kneeling, I am not sure if she was sent to the headmaster Mr Walters as often as I was. We saw my sis in law Diane and my niece Randi. They were going to the Livestock show after the calf scramble. Wonder what Randi had to have?

The rodeo was great. Some team ropers and bull doggers had problems, a few bull riders were bucked off in a couple of seconds, but all in all it was a good rodeo.

As one bull dogger leapt from his horse (which was travelling 30 mph or so) to grab the steer's horns, he realized as he hit the dirt he had over shot the steer. The steer kinda pranced his way down the arena to the coral. How often do we hear the Lord and then think we know what He wants us to do, but we begin before the time is right. If we do not wait on the Lord's perfect timing we miss the mark and at the very least hit the dirt.

We need to recognize our Lord's voice by staying in His word and in prayer, tune out the noise of the world...In John 10 Jesus said:

1"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. 3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice." 6Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know His voice!

Anonymous said...

It's so cool that you can turn anything into a lesson.