Sunday, March 23, 2008

Odd Day

I had a very odd day yesterday. I had planned on taking my friend Denise and meeting my friend Valerie and her husband Jay at the rodeo yesterday for the championship. Valerie called and told me she could not attend due to a family emergency. Denise called and said she was ill and had to stay home. I thought well, I will stay home and finish the house then go to Patty's jewelry party.

I thought about it and decided to go to the rodeo anyway. My husband was out of town, my house was 1/2 way clean, I had spent a lot of time in the Gospels that morning and had already decided to skip church. I am not a fan of Episcopalian Easter Vigil services, the church is dark, I have a hard time trying to read the prayer book by candle light these days. I took a flashlight last year and thought I am not doing this anymore. (And I am not Episcopalian any more though I love Father Frankie and the people of Calvary Episcopal Church.)

As I travelled up Beechnut to Buffalo Speedway, a woman was on the sidewalk riding her bike, suddenly she fell over into the road. The driver ahead of me stopped in time and seemed more shaken then the biker.

I parked my car, primo spot -I pray for parking places Ephs says: And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. - 3rd row, 1st car...I walked over the sky bridge was walking down the stairs to cross another lot and a woman almost fell down the stairs, scared her and me very badly...proceeded to my seat looked out at the arena floor, someone had collapsed, EMT's worked on the person and then took them off the floor on a gurney, the rodeo began and a woman in the grand entry was bucked off her horse. It seemed to shake her up, I know it shook up the crowd around me.

I prayed for all these people, as the biker fell - I was praying for her, as the woman began to fall down the stairs - I prayed for her to remain upright, I prayed for the person on the arena floor and I prayed for the woman who was bucked off her horse. Again, I refer to Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.


Jordan is my 15 year old spiritual niece, she said I can always make any situation a story...I thought what kind of story is my weird day...is it a story pertaining to keeping our eyes open, there are opportunities to pray for people all the time or is it a story about no matter how many times we may stumble and fall, He is always there to catch us? What do you think? Is it both stories?

I know what some of you thought when you saw the words sky bridge...you thought another hilarious hair story...it was sunny and nice yesterday, my hair was in a French twist sort of do (there are no pics of it either, Karen) and was not wet and blown by tropical storm strength winds and no hair spray re-petrified...

One nice thing to report, I made it through the 2008 rodeo without eating any junk food, no Dipping Dots Ice Creme, no yummy Go Tejano Diner food or Bum Phillips Hamburgers...maybe that's my Easter miracle, just kidding. I saved a lot of money, calories, and fat grams that's for sure.

Hopefully next weekend, I will have the time to go up to Brenham, Industry, Bleiberville and the surrounding area to look at bluebonnets and take some pictures. (I bet my neighbors hope I stay home and weed the flower beds!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a heck of a lot of consecutive accidents. YIKES!

Anonymous said...

0, is tetracycline still available,