Friday, March 28, 2008

Muddy Rain

I have been asked about the Muddy Rain mentioned above my husband's picture. Nearly 2 weeks ago most of Texas had a torrential rain storm which had collided with a dust storm in West Texas. As a result of the 2 storms blending into 1 storm, it rained mud all over Texas. (We have unusual weather in Texas upon occasion.)

At work today we all mentioned we hope it will rain and wash the oak pollen off of everything. Our cars and trucks are yellow-green. The sidewalks are yellow-green. The streets are yellow-green. It's not a pretty colour. Most of us are sneezing and coughing and I have bags under my eyes the size of I don't know what.

You think of rain as clean and cleansing, but we had muddy rain, that left everything grimey and splotched. I started thinking about it, our vision is muddy unless we use our spiritual eyes and see people and things the way God sees them. He is what makes our vision clear.

Remember how Jesus saw the woman at the well in John 4:

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"(His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)
The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?"
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."
He told her, "Go, call your husband and come back." "I have no husband," she replied.
Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

Jesus saw her with His perfect vision. He revealed Himself to her...a woman who could have been stoned under the law at the time, a woman who could not come to draw water at the well with the other women because she was shunned. He saw her as a broken, wounded woman who needed the Messiah. Read the rest of the chapter. Her life was forever changed. Pray to see people with the eyes of Christ. You never know who will be changed by your Christ like love and vision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never saw the muddy rain. :( Humph. :P

Abba's Girl said...

Fireball, the muddy rain fell while we were in the rodeo. The next day I thought what happened to my car...then Sheila mentioned it and I read about it in the paper.

SAA