Saturday, March 1, 2008

March1

It's March 1, 2008...I cannot believe it's already March and the azaleas are blooming in Southeast Texas. The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo begins on Monday...and I have not accomplished much of what I wanted to accomplish in Jan. & Feb. 01/01/08 I began a program to read the Bible in a year. I began lifting weights the last week of Dec. and was supposed to be walking 2.5 miles a day at least 5 days a week by the end of Jan.

My father was hospitalized 01/08...I quit lifting weights, I read the Bible but could not keep up with the daily readings to read the entire Bible in 2008, and have not been walking unless you count walking to the Coke machine in the waiting room.

But I did press in and rely on my Heavenly Father, I do read the Bible, my prayer time is growing daily again, and I am filled with peace. I am going for a walk today. Monday, I will hike from my car to Reliant Stadium to the 1st rodeo of the season. (I may need oxygen by the time I reach my seat. Just kidding.)

I receive new mercy and grace each day. The Holy Spirit dwells in me, leads me, guides me, protects me. I have an Advocate in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My Heavenly Father loves me so much, He sacrificed His own Son to save me and you. I can freely read His Word and woship in safety. These are just a few blessings I receive daily.

This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love the rodeo so much - it's so funny to me! I think you should wear pointe shoes to the round-up. :]

In other news - sounds like things are lookin' up. Keep "pressing in"!