Monday, February 18, 2008

Valet Parking

As I waited at St. Luke's valet parking last night, I watched many families waiting for their cars as well. One thing struck me, as soon as the children saw their car pull into the drive way they were so excited. Their parents cautioned them to stand on the sidewalk. It made me think about 2 things:

1) How excited as Christians are we about our Salvation on any given day? Is Jesus our 1st love or is it time to return to our 1st love and do the things we used to do? Are you still excited to get into God's Word? Rev 2 says:

You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2) How many times has our Father cautioned us lately and we have disregarded the Holy Spirit? We were busy doing our thing and not listening to the prompting of the Spirit. Remember a large part of our Christian walk should be listening. As someone who is rarely quiet, I know how difficult this can be, but I also know with God all things are possible!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

"I love your comment - as someone who is rarely quiet" That's me too!
I always try to remember that God gave me 2 ears and 1 mouth!

Thank you for the reminder about listening - abiding by the Spirit's prompting is so important!

Oh, I came across your blog via the LPM blog. The Spirit prompts me to visit various blogs - I am so glad yours was the one I picked today.

Anonymous said...

hhmmmm!!

so true. again, deep - definately. love it. keep writing!