Friday, February 8, 2008

The Episcopal Church

I have attended the Episcopal Church nearly all my life, was baptized into it as an infant...what many Episcopalians boast as being a cradle Episcopalian, though I don't comprehend the boast, I mean really who cares. The denomination is in such uproar because we are straying from the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ. What's so great about being Episcopalian. It's great being a Christian saved by grace. Our Presiding Bishop (leader of church in America) does not believe Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, nor does much of the leadership and many do not believe the word of God is divine. It has recently come to my attention the Presiding Bishop does not want women of other denominations to be members of the Daughters of the King. I don't get it. With her belief system, why would she care if a kangaroo is a member of the Episcopal Church or the Daughters of the King.

The Archbishop of Canterbury wants to establish Sharia law in the UK to help with social cohesion. Social cohesion will never come. The Bible makes it quite clear, there will be clashes and wars between ethnic groups and countries. I wonder if he has read the Bible since he left seminary.

People wonder what is going on...I believe we are seeing the end times unfolding before our eyes. The Bible tells us about the state of the church and how many will fall for the one world religion. We must wear our armor as instructed in Ephesians 6.

11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I encourage people to participate in a good Revelation study as well as read a good book by Anne Graham Lotz called The Vision of His Glory. Revelation is not doom and gloom, Revelation gives us hope, tells us how the story ends, The Bridegroom is coming for His church (emphasis mine), it's not our church, we can make the all the changes we want to conform to society and negate sin, we can make church a very happy place and drive out the Holy Spirit, but when it's all said and done The Prince of Peace is coming on a horse for HIS church! Ladies..maybe you dreamt of a Prince on a white horse coming for you...He is, His name is Faithful and True. He loves you...He loves me, He loves all of us and wants us to spend eternity with Him.

If you have not already done so, make Jesus the Lord of your life and your Savior. His blood cleanses all your sins. His death and resurrection redeemed you from hell. Grab the phone and tell someone.

Here is a model prayer for you:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock 'em, sock 'em Tiger! You keep on telling the Truth! amos

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER! Yes - definately deep thinking. I wholeheartedly agree, also. I just want to be where Jesus is - and I sure hope we all can get out of the way so he can come back to our episcopal church. Keep on writin' and we'll keep on readin'. :D

Anonymous said...

The Episcopal Church needs to remember the church is the Bride of Christ, it's His church.